House Cleaning Services Wichita KSGet Your Home Ready for an Open House
Preparing your home for an open house takes some time and effort, but it can significantly improve the chance that someone will want to buy your house. Not everyone, however, knows how to get a home ready for an open house. If you follow these four suggestions, you should find that you get more offers and your property spends less time on the market.
Erase Your Personal Touches
Potential buyers need to imagine what your home will look like once they move into it. The better they can envision living in the house, the more likely they are to make offers.
You can help people see the possibilities in your home by removing as many of your personal touches as possible. Some of the most important things that you can do include:
- Removing pictures and artwork from all rooms.
- Eliminating smells from pets, food and other sources.
- Putting away clothing and laundry.
- Storing personal or work-related projects.
Depending on how many items you need to remove from your house, you may need to rent storage space. The small price of renting storage space in Wichita is worth it when you consider the advantages of selling your house more quickly.
Organize the Closets
Although you want to remove as many personal items as possible from your home, there are some things that you need to access for daily life. You don’t, for instance, want to lose access to your clothing and toiletries.
You can keep these things in your home during the open house as long as you organize the home’s closets well. The more organized closets are, the less personal they seem to buyers. One stack of folded jeans looks pretty much the same as other stacks of folded jeans.
When organizing your closets, you should pay close attention to:
- Decluttering the spaces by getting rid of items that you won’t need over the next month.
- Using hangers, drawers, boxes and bins to give every item its own place.
- Placing shoes in cubbies or on racks.
You want your closets to look attractive, but you also want them to look impersonal.
Style Your Entryway to Make a Good First Impression
Many potential buyers will make up their minds before they even set foot inside your home. If you have an ugly entryway, then it’s nearly impossible to make someone love your home enough to purchase it.
Some of the most important steps to take when styling your entryway include:
- Mowing the lawn, removing weeds and trimming hedges.
- Planting bright, healthy flowers.
- Power washing sidewalks.
- Painting the door, exterior walls and interior walls that people will see first.
- Repairing damaged siding, porch stairs, deck planks and other items.
Make the house feel like a joy to enter. Doing so will give guests a positive feeling that makes them more likely to enjoy the rest of the home.
House Cleaning Services Wichita
Your house needs to look pristine when people visit the open house. You’ll get the best results by hiring a home cleaning company in Wichita. Deep cleaning does considerably more than remove dust and sweep floors. As long as you choose a reliable home cleaning company in Wichita, your deep cleaning will include:
- Conditioning the woodwork to bring out its natural beauty.
- Cleaning the insides and outsides of your appliances.
- Giving the carpet and upholster a deep clean that removes stains.
- Detailing your blinds and other window treatments.
- Cleaning light fixtures, air ducts and windows.
For more information about deep cleaning before an open house, contact Margaret McHenry Maids of Wichita. You can learn details about the cleaning services offered by Margaret McHenry Maids and get an estimate for the job.
The Latest Lifestyle Inspiration
Design Professionals Have Spoken—Quiet Luxury Is In
March 1, 2024
How To Incorporate 2024’s Coastal Colors of the Year Into Your Interior Design Scheme
February 1, 2024
Conquer Your Fear of Cleaning With the “Junebugging” Method
January 3, 2024