House Cleaning Services Wichita KSCreate a “Get It Done” Day to Bring Efficiency and Elegance into Your Life
Whether it’s a new year, a looming visit by the in-laws or just a feeling that it’s time to finally conquer your eternal to-do list, every homeowner desires a whole day dedicated to getting it all done. The list of things you need to do around the house can easily become overwhelming. By setting aside a full day when you have nothing else to do but “get it done,” and most importantly creating a plan of action beforehand, you can transform your house and bring efficiency, convenience and elegance into your demanding life.
Write it All Down
Walk around your house from room to room and create a master list on paper that includes every single little thing you want to do on the big day, in detail. It doesn’t have to be pretty, just write it all down.
Create an Action Plan
Next, write another list. Multiple lists, in fact, that will become a plan of action. Move items from your master list onto new, shorter lists according to whatever categories make the most sense to you. It could be room by room, or by categories like “de-clutter,” “schedule” and “DIY/repair.”
Schedule the Big Day
Select a full day when you have nothing else to do, put your “get it done” day into your calendar and make it non-negotiable. If your family members aren’t going to be helpful, either get them on board or get them out of the house. If you need help, recruit a friend or family member, or arrange Margaret McHenry Maids house cleaning services. Try not to dread the day, and instead focus on the result, which will be an organized, clean and elegant home. Make a playlist – music is known to help with productivity.
On The Day Before
OK, it might go against the idea of getting everything done in one day, but there are probably some tasks you need to do in advance to make the big day go more smoothly. Examples include:
- Empty your car’s trunk so it’s ready to fill with donations and drop-offs.
- Arrange to borrow tools, a ladder or even a truck if you need it.
- Look up local donation centers and find out where to safely recycle and drop off unwanted items on the EPA or Earth911 websites.
On the Day of Your House Cleaning
With your action plan in place, there’s nothing left to do but get it all done, once and for all. Here are some tips to make the day go smoothly:
- Create a mission control zone, with a place to put trash, recycling, donations, e-waste and hazardous waste.
- Do the tasks on your list in an order that makes sense to you. If you have more energy when you wake up, do the tougher, more physical stuff in the morning. If you’re a little lackluster in the morning, start with something easier to get the ball rolling.
- When you need a motivation boost, pick a cluttered area like a kitchen drawer or messy cabinet, and just start.
- Another motivation trick – complete an easy task that’s been on your to-do list for a long time, such as hanging a picture or fixing a loose cabinet pull.
- When you need a rest, do the tasks on the list you can do sitting down, such as calling to schedule repairs, putting future maintenance tasks on your calendar and shopping online for household goods you need.
- Get out of the house. If your donation, recycle and drop-off piles are ready, load up your trunk and get them out of the house.
- Reward yourself. At the end of the day, you’ll be tired but extremely satisfied. Treat yourself with take-out for dinner, a massage the next day, or a bunch of beautiful flowers to brighten your house even more.
House Cleaning Services Wichita
Even while planning a big “get it done” day, you don’t have to do it all alone. Reality check: You might not have the time or inclination to do every single task on your list (but major kudos if you do!). For those that remain, call the professionals at Margaret McHenry Maids and ask about their house cleaning services in Wichita.
The Latest Lifestyle Inspiration
Design Professionals Have Spoken—Quiet Luxury Is In
March 1, 2024
How To Incorporate 2024’s Coastal Colors of the Year Into Your Interior Design Scheme
February 1, 2024
Conquer Your Fear of Cleaning With the “Junebugging” Method
January 3, 2024